Forest Lagoon is Icelands newest geothermal spa located located in the Vaðlaskógur forest. This is just a few minute drive from Icelands second largest city, Akureyri. Akureyri is known locally in Iceland as the "Capital of the North" and it takes 45 minutes to fly from Reykjavík or less then a five-hour driving.
ABOUT FOREST LAGOON
Forest Lagoon´s 1.300 square-meter complex includes a bistro, two infinity pools with two swim-up bars, a cold tub and a sauna. The facility can accommodate up to 200 visitors at a time and we will be open seven days a week from 10:00 in the mornings until 24:00 during the evenings.
THE GEOTHERMAL WATER
The spa's pools are heated up with all natural geothermal water that is sourced from the mountain behind the Forest lagoon location, Vaðlaheiði. The water was discovered during a tunnel project and has now a greater purpose and a healing power.
Enjoy food before or after you take your dip in the lagoon. There is a cafe with food, drinks and deserts to enjoy while sitting by a crackling fire.
- Single admission - 5.990 ISK ( $60 CDN)
- Towels are not included but you can rent a towel for 900 ISK ( $9.00 CDN)
- Children are welcome but they need to be accompanied by their parents
- Forest Lagoon is located less then 3 kilometers from Akureyri´s city center. You can either drive, walk or take a Taxi to visit
- All the hotels and accommodations in Akureyri´s city center are the ones that are closest to the Forest Lagoon. They are all in a less then a 25 minutes walking distance
You can book your spot at Forest Lagoon here.